Health issues and allergies are two of the major concerns that dog owners deal with on a daily basis. Learning to identify your own dog’s digestive sensitivities will allow you to prepare the right foods.
This bacon and beet healthy dog biscuit recipe is well suited for any dog to keep them healthy.
Your dog is a member of your family, and although she cannot participate in the preparation, she will certainly appreciate your efforts.
Bacon and Beet Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 cup Unbleached flour
- 1 cup Rolled whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 Cooked beets Finely diced
- 2 pieces Bacon Cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup Filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162°C)
- Measure the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk till combined. Make a well in the flour, and add the canola oil. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment till crumbly.
- Add the diced beets and bacon, and stir until combined. Add the water all at once, and mix until dough forms and all the ingredients are combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead till dough is smooth and soft. Roll the dough ¼-inch thick and cut out the biscuits using a cookie cutter.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 12– 15 minutes till they are dry and firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and leave the biscuits in another 20– 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
If you enjoyed this healthy dog biscuit recipe take a look at some of our other articles such as Best Dog Friendly Camping SA ? Pet Friendly Camping South Australia, Dog friendly weekend getaways WA – Pet friendly weekend getaways Western Australia and Dog friendly road trips WA – Pet friendly road trips Western Australia.