My dog (Airedale) doesn’t really have a sweet tooth, so this Mindiampets Beef and Vege Balls recipe is ideal as something savory instead.
I made my first batch yesterday and used the Organic Beef and Vegetable baby food as the recipe suggested.
I am going to have a go at making the Beef and Vegetable Stew soon, so that next time I can puree some of that instead of buying the baby food. I love that idea of making as much of the product at home myself as possible.
Beef and Vege Balls – Beef dog treats recipe
- 2 6-ounce (170g) jars of Organic Beef and Vegetable baby food. As an alternative we use 340g of leftover Dog Style Beef Stew that we puree to a baby food consistency.
- 1 Cup Whole-meal flour (or white substitute)
- 2 Cups Milk powder
- 1 Cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180deg Celsius).
- While the oven is heating, use a large mixing bowl to blend all the ingredients together.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes but check around 10 minutes.
- Cool the treats completely.
If you enjoyed these dog treats take a look at our designer dog beds which are suited for dogs of all sizes.