Dogs have had their diets changed over time, as more owners are focusing on healthier alternatives even CBD treats for dogs who may suffer from anxiety.
I know whenever I have some bacon left over from the Sunday morning hangover, i will get to backing some of these in afternoon for my two loved doggo’s.
This all natura recipe gives you everything you need to know to bake the best biscuits for your furry friend.
Peanut Butter and Bacon Oatmeal Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Oat flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 pieces Bacon Cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162°C)
- Measure the oats, flour, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk till combined.
- Add the bacon and stir till combined. Mix the peanut butter and water in a glass measuring cup. Make a well in the flour, and add the peanut butter and water mixture all at once. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until combined. The mixture should form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead till the dough is smooth and soft. Roll the dough ¼-inch thick, and cut out the biscuits using a cookie cutter.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 12– 15 minutes till they are dry and firm to the touch. Turn off the oven and leave the biscuits in another 20– 30 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for dropping by and reading this. If you liked it please take a look at The Best Dog friendly road trips NT – Dog friendly holiday ideas Northern Territory, Best Dog Friendly Road Trips SA ? Pet Friendly Road Trips South Australia and Dog friendly caravan parks VIC – Pet friendly caravan parks Victoria.