With this special natural dog biscuit recipe, baking your own training treats is a guarantee you will be able to teach an old dog new tricks.
Our dogs love these and we use them as a reward when they behave.
The ingredients for these dog biscuits are simple staple items, but the emphasis is on using fresh and organic products.
Savory Bacon, Cheddar, and Oatmeal Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Unbleached flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Natural Cheddar cheese Grated
- 1 tbsp Romano cheese Freshly grated
- 2 pieces Bacon Cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/4 cup Filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162°C)
- Measure the oats, flour, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the grated cheeses and bacon and stir until combined. Make a well in the flour, and add the canola oil. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment till crumbly.
- Add the water all at once, and mix till dough forms and all the ingredients are combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead till dough is smooth and soft. Roll the dough ¼-inch thick, and cut out the biscuits using a cookie cutter.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 12– 15 minutes till they are dry and firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and leave the biscuits in another 20– 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for dropping by, if your dogs loved this healthy dog biscuit recipe be sure to check out our other articles including The Best Dog friendly road trips NT – Dog friendly holiday ideas Northern Territory, Best Dog Friendly Road Trips SA ? Pet Friendly Road Trips South Australia and Dog friendly caravan parks VIC – Pet friendly caravan parks Victoria.