These home made dog biscuits can be given as a treat or as a meal, though a treat would be more ideal, i guess it depends on the size and weight of your dog.
When baking homemade dog biscuits is a fun way to show your furry friend some extra love. Not to mention, it’s a great way to use up some of the ingredients you have left over in the cupboard or fridge.
We had some sweet potato left over from a meal we made earlier in the week, so I whipped these up and baked them for our dogs.
Easy to say they loved them, and it made me feel good knowing the nutritional value it gave them.
Sweet Potato Pie Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 1/2 cups Unbleached flour
- 1 cup Rolled whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/2 cup Cooked sweet potato Mashed
- 2 pieces Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup Filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Measure the unbleached flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger into a mixing bowl. Whisk till combined.
- Make a well in the flour and add the canola oil. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment till crumbly. Add the mashed sweet potato and bacon and stir until combined.
- Add the water all at once and mix until dough forms and all the ingredients are combined. Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead until the dough is smooth and soft.
- Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead until the dough is smooth and soft. Roll the dough ¼-inch thick, and cut the biscuits into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 12– 15 minutes till they are dry and firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and leave biscuits in another 20– 30 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for taking a look at the best dog biscuit recipe we have here on the site. If you enjoyed it please take a look at our other articles including The Best Dog friendly road trips NT – Dog friendly holiday ideas Northern Territory, Best Dog Friendly Road Trips SA ? Pet Friendly Road Trips South Australia and Dog friendly caravan parks VIC – Pet friendly caravan parks Victoria.