With these home made dog biscuits, it shows your dog you care.
With the beef infused barley dog treat, it can be a great way to show your dog you are thinking of them.
We don’t bake these ones all the time, only for special occasions as a treat as we know our pups love them so much!
These dog biscuits are healthy for your dog with a even mix of nutrition to keep their tail wagging all day.
Winter Beef Barley Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 tbsp Virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- 2 Carrots Peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp Unbleached flour
- 1/4 pound Beef stew meat
- 1 cup Unbleached flour
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 4 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/4 cup Natural beef broth
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté garlic over low heat. Add the chopped carrots and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the carrots to cool.
- Spread 2 tablespoons flour on a piece of waxed paper. Dredge the beef cubes in flour. Heat the skillet to medium high. Add the beef cubes to the skillet and cook. Remove from the heat and allow them to cool.
- Pulse the cooked carrots, beef cubes, and garlic in a food processor until the mixture forms a paste. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162°C)
- Whisk the flour, oats, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the flour. Add the canola oil. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until crumbly. Add the beef mixture and stir till combined. Add the beef broth all at once and mix till dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead. Roll the dough ¼-inch thick, and cut out the biscuits using a cookie cutter.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 12– 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the biscuits in another 20– 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for checking out this recipe, if you loved it and your dog did as well check out our other posts including The best 3 luxury pet friendly accommodation Tasmania, Dog Friendly Caravan Parks NT & Dog Friendly Resorts Northern Territory Australia and The Best Dog friendly road trips NT – Dog friendly holiday ideas Northern Territory.