When it comes to our dogs that we love, we want to make sure they’re getting the best nutrition possible, and one way to do that is cook it for them, so you know exactly what is going into it.
That’s why when it comes to choosing their food, we can something be more picky then they are. I know some friends that now only give their dogs organic treats and foods, which is how I started making dog treat recipes for them.
These dog biscuits will give your pooch the energy he needs to stay fit and healthy, but also be gentle on their stomachs high packed with nutrients and fiber.
Carob, Peanut Butter, and Oatmeal Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Oat flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened carob powder
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup Natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162°C)
- Measure the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk till combined.
- Mix the peanut butter, vanilla, and water in a glass measuring cup. Make a well in the flour, and add the peanut butter and water mixture all at once. On medium speed using a paddle attachment, mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead till the dough is smooth and still soft. Roll the dough ¼-inch thick and cut out the biscuits using cookie cutters.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 12– 15 minutes until they are dry and firm to the touch. Turn off the oven and leave the biscuits in another 20– 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for dropping by, please also check out our other articles including Dog Friendly Caravan Parks NT & Dog Friendly Resorts Northern Territory Australia, The Best Vet Approved CBD Dog Treats For Separation Anxiety and 10 Dog Friendly Holidays Within ACT & Snowy Mountains.