The best part about making these peanut butter and spice dog treats is that you can get really creative when it comes to adding in any extra spices if you so wish.
I have only added the combination that i use to this recipe, but feel free to use whatever your pup prefers.
My dog loves these biscuits, and I love knowing that I’m giving her best snack from food that we humans eat from the fridge.
Peanut Butter and Spice Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 2 cups Rice flour
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 cup Natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162°C)
- Measure the rice flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger into a mixing bowl and whisk till combined. Combine the peanut butter and water in glass measuring cup and stir with a fork till smooth and creamy. Make a well in the flour, and pour in the peanut butter mixture.
- Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment till just combined. Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and form into a log, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, slice the biscuits 1 ⁄ 8 -inch thick and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 12– 15 minutes till they are dry and firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and leave the biscuits in another 20– 30 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for dropping by, be sure to also read the following posts Best Dog Friendly Camping SA ? Pet Friendly Camping South Australia, Dog friendly road trips WA – Pet friendly road trips Western Australia and The Best Dog friendly road trips NT – Dog friendly holiday ideas Northern Territory.