These tasty and nutritious dog biscuits with bleu cheese and tomatoes!
They have no artificial flavours, colours, or preservatives and are prepared with whole wheat flour, oats, and bleu cheese.
If you don’t have any of the bleu cheese you can always try another type, even jarlsberg works well, though try and stick to the recipe if you can.
We know it is slightly more of an up market recipe idea, though why not splurge on your dogs once in a while!
These biscuits are an excellent source of fibre and low in calories, fat, and fat content.
These biscuits are delicious, and you can feel good about giving them to your dog since they are good for them.
Bleu Cheese and Tomato Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Natural bleu cheese Crumbled
- 2 tbsp Canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/4 cup Filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162.778°C)
- Measure the rolled oats, rice flour, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk till combined. Add the crumbled bleu cheese and crushed tomatoes and stir till combined.
- Make a well in the flour, and add the canola oil. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until crumbly. Add the water all at once, and mix until dough forms and all the ingredients are combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and form it into a log, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, slice the biscuits 1 ⁄ 8 – inch thick and place them on a parchmentlined cookie sheet. Bake 12– 15 minutes until they are dry and firm to the touch.
- Turn off the oven and leave the biscuits in the oven another 20– 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for dropping by and trying out this recipe, we really hope your dogs loved it, be sure to also take a look at our other articles including Dog friendly road trips WA – Pet friendly road trips Western Australia, Dog friendly road trips Victoria – Pet friendly road trips Victoria and Best Dog Friendly Road Trips SA ? Pet Friendly Road Trips South Australia.