Savory Chicken and Vegetable Dog Biscuits are the ideal option if you’re searching for a nutritious and delectable treat for your dog.
These biscuits will satisfy even the pickiest dogs since they are made with genuine chicken and veggies.
You may feel good about feeding them to your pet as they are minimal in fat and calories.
I know i am conscious about my dogs weight lately, and these are prefect for them.
Instead of over feeding them with packaged stuff from the supermarket, i bake these up and give them little treats throughout the day to keep them healthy and always running around the place.
The best part is that you can put them in a handy resealable bag, allowing you to keep them fresher longer.
Savory Chicken and Vegetable Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 Chicken breast cut into thick slices
- 2 tsp Virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Barley flour
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Frozen chopped broccoli Thawed
- 2 tbsp Freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 1/4 Organic free-range chicken broth
- 4 tbsp Canola oil
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Toss the sliced chicken breast in the olive oil and place on the hot grill. Do not turn pieces until the chicken has grill marks and no longer sticks to the pan. If the chicken sticks, allow it to cook a minute longer.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162°C)
- Measure the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk till combined. Squeeze the excess water from the thawed broccoli. Add the broccoli and grated Romano cheese to the bowl.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pan and scrape up the brown bits. Pour broth and canola oil into a glass measuring cup. Pulse the chicken in the food processor till coarsely chopped. Add the chicken to the broth mixture and stir. Make a well in the flour and pour in the chicken mixture.
- Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until combined. Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and form it into a log, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour. Slice the biscuits 1 ⁄ 8 -inch thick and place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 12– 15 minutes. Turn oven off and leave biscuits in oven another 20– 30 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for dropping by and checking out this pet food recipe, please take a look at our other articles including The Best Vet Approved CBD Dog Treats For Separation Anxiety, Pet friendly accommodation Tasmania – Dog friendly accommodation with pool Tasmania and 10 Dog Friendly Holidays Within ACT & Snowy Mountains.