A tasty and nutritious treat for your dog are the Braised Beef and Carrot Dog Biscuits.
They are perfectly baked and prepared with genuine meat and carrots.
These biscuits don’t include any artificial flavours or preservatives and are also delicious if you want to go with full organic ingredients.
These are a blast with our dogs, as we usually bake them for Christmas or Easter so they feel involved with the family celebrations.
These biscuits have a delicious flavour that your dog will like, and you’ll appreciate knowing they’re giving them a healthy snack.
Braised Beef and Carrot Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 tbsp Virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 pound Beef stew meat Finely chopped
- 1 cup Barley flour
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Carrot Peeled and shredded
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/4 cup Natural beef broth
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté garlic over low heat. Add the beef cubes to the skillet, break them apart with a fork, and cook them until browned. Remove them from the heat and allow to cool
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Measure the flour, rolled oats, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk till combined. Add the carrot and cooked beef.
- Make a well in the flour, and add the canola oil. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until crumbly.
- Add the beef broth all at once, and mix until dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and form it into a log, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour. When ready to bake, slice the biscuits 1 ⁄ 8 -inch thick and place on a parchmentlined cookie sheet.
- Bake 12– 15 minutes until dry and firm to the touch. Turn off the oven and leave the biscuits in the oven another 20– 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for visiting and bookmarking this recipe, while you are here be sure to check out our other recipes including Dog friendly caravan parks WA – Pet friendly caravan parks Western Australia, Pet friendly caravan parks Tasmania | The best dog friendly caravan parks TAS and The Best Vet Approved CBD Dog Treats For Separation Anxiety.