The addition of the banana and cinnamon will satisfy your need to offer your dog a sweet treat, but without the sugar and empty calories he doesn’t need.
We love to create this snack for our dogs, as it is sweet with natural ingredients and is one of our favourite soft dog biscuit recipes.
This is the perfect dog biscuit recipe to cater to your dog’s health and nutritional needs while allowing you to be creative and have fun.
Banana Cinnamon Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 Cookie Cutter
- 1 cup Unbleached flour
- 1 cup Whole-wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Ripe banana Mashed
- 1/4 cup Natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Grated carrot
- 1/2 cup Filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162°C)
- Measure the unbleached flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Combine the mashed banana, peanut butter, carrot, and water in a glass measuring cup. Stir with a fork till smooth and creamy.
- Make a well in the flour, and pour in the banana– peanut butter mixture. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead until dough is smooth and still soft. Roll the dough ¼-inch thick and cut the biscuits into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 12– 15 minutes till dry and firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and leave biscuits in another 20– 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
If you loved this homemade basic dog biscuit recipe then take a look at some of our other articles including Best Dog Friendly Holiday Ideas South Australia ? Pet Friendly Holiday Ideas SA and Dog friendly Weekend Getaways South Australia.