Keeping my rehomed Greyhound (Graham) healthy is a bit of a passion for me.
I like to make the dogs food, rather than feed him a store-bought product. There are very few suitable recipe books at my local library and I have had to check closely a lot of the recipes on the web.
However, since discovering the Mindiampets recipes I have been very impressed with their material.
They genuinely have worked hard to produce a list of 10 different products and that makes the diet more interesting to me and of course to my dog.
The only change for me is that I soak and cook the dried beans myself; rather than using canned – largely because make my own Bean dishes and it seems easier to prepare a few extra for the meal I am making for the dog.
Mindiampets Chicken and Vegetable Medley Dog Food Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Cut into 2cm chunks)
- 1 Cup Canned, low salt Black Beans (drained)
- 1 Cup Carrots (diced)
- 1 Cup Canned, low salt Kidney Beans (drained)
- ½ Cup Low Salt Tomato Paste
- 4 Cups “No-added Salt” liquid Chicken Stock (or your own)
- Remove any excess fat from chicken breasts; cut into 2cm chunks.
- Put a small amount of Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil into a Skillet, over a Medium heat; just so the Chicken Breast chunks won’t stick.
- Cook the chicken breasts until no longer pink. (Very important; you don’t want raw Chicken)
- Using a large pot, such as a Stock Pot, add the cooked Chicken chunks, the Beans, Carrots and Tomato Paste.
- Mix together, then add your Chicken Stock and cook over medium heat until the carrots are tender (around 10-15 minutes).
- Allow to cool before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe from our team, take a look at some of the best dog beds Australia.