Like a lot of people, I have a very busy schedule and it was such a bonus to find this Crockpot recipe that once on can cook away itself while I go do other things.
What’s more the recipe is crammed with great product like Chicken Breast, Vegetables and Rolled Oats.
I also make my own Chicken Stock with all of the Chicken Bones on a separate day; also using the Crockpot.
I then freeze the stock in takeaway containers and defrost one each time I am making the main recipe.
Manson, my 7-year old Boxer has never been fussy about his food to me.
However, we went away for the weekend recently and had to feed him a commercial brand pet food.
He sniffed it, walked away and only had a few nibbles. There was no such repeat behavior once home again; he got straight into the Crockpot Chicken Recipe.
Homemade Dog Food Crockpot Chicken Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Cut into 2cm chunks)
- ½ Cup Broccoli (Chopped)
- ½ Cup Carrots (Chopped)
- ½ Cup Green Beans (Chopped)
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- 4 Cups "No-added Salt" Liquid Chicken Stock (or your own)
- Remove any excess fat from chicken breasts; cut into 2cm chunks.
- Put a small amount of Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil into a Skillet, over a Medium heat; just so the Chicken Breast chunks won’t stick.
- Cook the chicken breasts until no longer pink. (Very important; you don’t want raw Chicken)
- Using a large pot, such as a Stock Pot, add the cooked Chicken chunks, the Vegetables and Rolled Oats.
- Mix together, then add your Chicken Stock and cook over medium heat until the carrots are tender (around 10-15 minutes).
- Allow to cool before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe from our team, take a look at some of the best dog beds Australia.