I have made Peanut Butter Cookies for my dog before, but this recipe intrigued me as it also had Pumpkin as well as a Glaze over the top. It is such an easy recipe to follow and Glaze is such a way of making the treat look even better.
I’m sure that my dog agrees as she comes running whenever I open the cookie jar.
I’m looking forward to trying a few other of the Mindiampets recipes based on my success with this Glazed Pumpkin and Peanut Butter cookie treat.
Glazed Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Cookies – Dog Treats Recipe
- 1 Cup Cooked Pumpkin
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter (or Homemade)
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2½ Whole-meal flour (White flour can be substituted)
- 1 tsp Teaspoon Baking Soda
Cookie Glaze ingredients
- ¼ Cup Smooth Peanut Butter (or Homemade)
- 2 tbsp Fat that will set at room temperature, such as; organic bacon fat (non-organic may have chemicals), coconut oil, chicken or turkey fat.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (180deg Celsius).
- While your oven is heating use a medium to large mixing bowl to combine the cooked and cooled Pumpkin, Peanut Butter, Eggs, and Vegetable Oil.
- Add in the Baking Soda and the Whole-meal flour. Stir until you have a stiff dough. Mix or Knead dough just until flour is incorporated.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out dough with a rolling pin until 6-7mm thick.
- Use your favorite cookie cutter(s) make shapes
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- When the cookies are still warm, whisk the Bacon grease (or fat of choice) and the Peanut Butter until very smooth.
- Drizzle over the treats and cool till glaze hardens (fridge or freezer is best).
If you enjoyed these dog treats take a look at our designer dog beds which are suited for dogs of all sizes.