What could taste better then spinach and cheese when it comes to the best dog biscuit recipe ever (your dog will be telling you this after they eat a few)
Dogs are known to love cheese, we usually make this one for Christmas along with their other snacks so they feel included in the celebrations.
If you would like to try a simple dog biscuit recipe, then give this one a go.
They are especially suited for when you take your dog out to the park for a picnic, for an energized day out in the sun.
Chopped Spinach and Cheddar Cheese Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 cup Unbleached flour
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Natural Cheddar cheese Grated
- 1/2 cup Chopped frozen spinach
- 4 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/2 cup Filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162°C)
- Measure the flour, rolled oats, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk till combined.
- Add the grated cheese. Squeeze any excess water from the spinach and add the spinach to the flour mixture.
- Make a well in the flour and add the canola oil. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment till crumbly. Add the water all at once and mix till dough forms and all ingredients are combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead until dough is smooth and soft. Roll the dough ¼-inch thick, and cut the biscuits into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 12– 15 minutes until dry and firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and leave the biscuits in another 20– 30 minutes.
- Remove them from oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for reading this article, if you enjoyed it please take a look at some of our other post on places you can stay when you travel with your pets including Dog Friendly Caravan Parks NT & Dog Friendly Resorts Northern Territory Australia, Dog friendly road trips WA – Pet friendly road trips Western Australia and Best Dog Friendly Camping SA ? Pet Friendly Camping South Australia.