This is a tasty yet healthy dog biscuit recipe that is suitable for any dog breed, size or age.
Peanut butter, carrot, and wheat germ dog biscuits are a healthy and delicious treat for your four-legged friend.
Made with all natural ingredients with the choice of organic options if you choose to do so, these biscuits are packed with fiber, iron, zinc and vitamins that will keep your dog happy and healthy.
Peanut Butter, Carrot, and Wheat Germ Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 Cookie Cutters
- 1 cup Unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup Whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Unflavored wheat germ
- 2 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Unsalted natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Grated carrot
- 1/2 cup Filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162ºC)
- Measure the unbleached flour, whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Combine the peanut butter, carrot, and water in a glass measuring cup. Stir with a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Make a well in the flour, and pour in the peanut butter mixture. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead until dough is smooth and still soft. Roll dough ¼-inch thick and cut biscuits into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 12– 15 minutes until dry and firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and leave biscuits in another 20– 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for read this article and dropping by, if you enjoyed it please take a look at our other articles including The Top 10 – Homemade Dog Treats Recipes Vet Approved Australia, The Best Dog friendly road trips NT – Dog friendly holiday ideas Northern Territory and Dog friendly caravan parks VIC – Pet friendly caravan parks Victoria.