These are the perfect vegetarian dog biscuit recipe to cook for your loved pooches on a special occasion such as Halloween.
Once you have finished cooking them the smell of pumpkin will fill your kitchen and the aroma would have your dogs begging to have a few in their dinner bowl.
With all natural ingredients, I really enjoyed cooking these for my dogs knowing how healthy they are.
They were gone in a few days, all eaten, I think these were one of their most liked out of all the different dog biscuits I have baked up as a treat.
Pumpkin Pie Dog Biscuits – Home Made Dog Food Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 1/2 cups Unbleached flour
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup Natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. (162°C)
- Measure the flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger into a mixing bowl. Whisk till combined.
- Make a well in the flour and add the canola oil. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment till crumbly. Add the pumpkin and peanut butter, and stir till combined.
- Add the water all at once and mix until dough forms and all the ingredients are combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead until dough is smooth and soft. Roll the dough ¼-inch thick, and cut the biscuits into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 12– 15 minutes until they are dry and firm to the touch.
- Turn the oven off and leave the biscuits in another 20– 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.
Thanks for reading this simple dog biscuit recipe, while you are here please take a look at our other articles including Dog friendly weekend getaways WA – Pet friendly weekend getaways Western Australia, Pet friendly caravan parks Tasmania | The best dog friendly caravan parks TAS and Dog friendly road trips WA – Pet friendly road trips Western Australia.